Project Manager 234 views
- Salary Open
- Experience 5-10 Years
AcquireJob is currently seeking a Project Manager with concrete/ steel/ out of ground/new construction experience. As a Project Manager will be responsible for pre-construction, engineering, and field installation of all systems within the specified trade(s) for a project or projects. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented in the required time frames, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Function as subject matter expert for the specified trade or trades.
- Develop comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including contract, plans, specifications, and applicable codes).
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Lead, develop, and manage Assistant Project Managers and Trade Project Managers, including completion of performance evaluations.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner’s representatives, and establish and maintain procedures for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
- Work with pre-construction, estimating and purchasing in development of contract price/budget and Guaranteed Maximum Price. Lead the pre-construction effort as it relates to Trade Project Management and the specific project needs.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and QA/QC. Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Manage submittals and shop drawings. Resolve any conflicts in interpretation and fully coordinate drawings amongst all trades.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for preparation of project status executive summaries and the accuracy of financial reports.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect, and coordination meetings.
- Manage information on changes in the work; prepare an independent analysis, as required; obtain and check estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtain approval of the architect and owner, and resolve any conflicts. Prepare subcontract change orders.
- Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract, and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
- Manage progress schedule and updates.
- Prepare requisitions with all back-up.
- Visit job site(s) as required, to troubleshoot issues and suggest resolutions to problems.
- Perform QA/QC inspections on job sites.
- Support and perform business development activities, including researching and determining qualified target areas, projects, and clients, and establishing and maintaining an external presence in the marketplace.
- Work with senior managers to develop project teams for specific proposals.
- Supervise the development of proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Train and assist the project team in making effective presentations.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7-10 years’ experience with progressively more responsible exposure to design, cost, sequence, logistics and field installations of relevant systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Able to identify design features that command cost premiums and recommend alternatives that deliver comparable or improved function.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical material. LEED accreditation preferred. Very strong oral & written communication skills required. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs. Knowledge of Plaza’s CMiC system desirable.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN to benefit the project.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect to your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement planning with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Professional Development
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program including sick and personal days